Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Failed attempt to launch Shortkeeper
Photo 
Hi, I got an error message this morning while trying to open Shortkeeper. The first time, I double clicked on the Shortkeeper logo in the taskbar and I got this message :

Failed attempt to launch program or document. Specifically : The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect.

Then I tried again but this time by double clicking on the Shortkeeper icon on my desktop. I then got the same message written differently :

Can someone help me solve this thing here because I can't use Shortkeeper from now on.

Thanks!
This error may occur if the ShortKeeper configuration file is corrupted. You can replace it (in your ShortKeeper folder) with the following default configuration file (if you don’t have a backup): ShortKeeper.exe.Config

You might have to reset some of the configuration options in ShortKeeper (e.g. "Start AutoHotkey with ShortKeeper", "Enable hotkeys to trigger shortcuts", "Display hotkey column in saved shortcuts") since the default configuration file will restore the options to their default settings.
Enterpad: For those who need more than a few shortcuts.

(06-21-2018, 03:07 PM)denilama Wrote: This error may occur if the ShortKeeper configuration file is corrupted. You can replace it (in your ShortKeeper folder) with the following default configuration file (if you don’t have a backup): ShortKeeper.exe.Config

You might have to reset some of the configuration options in ShortKeeper (e.g. "Start AutoHotkey with ShortKeeper", "Enable hotkeys to trigger shortcuts", "Display hotkey column in saved shortcuts") since the default configuration file will restore the options to their default settings.

Thank you denilama! I can finally enjoy working on my computer again!

If it can help someone, to make sure I did not lose anything during the process of replacing the file, I created a ''ShortKeeper copy'' folder just in case it did not work. It is a safe way to work if you do not want to end up with nothing left!

Cheers